We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, January 11th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
We continued to have remote users participate in our meetup via Skype (audio communications) and Join.me (shared desktop).
Hector Iribarne (@hectoriribarne http://iribarne.com) gave a presentation on getting started with Drupal Commerce. We had great participation from all our attendees, so you should listen to our audio and follow along with the slides. The following topics were discussed during the presentation:
- Videos from NodeOne to learn Views and Rules
- Videos from Commerce Guys on their channel on Vimeo
- Drupal Commerce Dependencies
- Commerce Kickstart Installation Profile
- Drupal Commerce Entities and Fields
- The key concept of Product and Product Displays
- Price, Shopping Cart, Checkout and Payments
We had three remote participants via Skype and fourteen in the meeting room. That is our biggest meetup since we started in April 2010. Our special award for Drupal dedication goes to Rob de Koter (@Robdekoter) for driving over 130 miles from Cape Coral to greater Fort Lauderdale and attending our meetup.
We had such success discussing Drupal Commerce this month that we plan on continuing discussing this great platform for creating commerce websites in the next few meetups: Stay tuned.
To keep up with the Broward Drupal meetup group, follow us on Twitter: @BrowardDrupal
You can also follow our members at http://twitter.com/BrowardDrupal/broward-drupal-members